[BUG] PathComponent translate interpolation & teleportation

Post your help queries and engine programming questions here

[BUG] PathComponent translate interpolation & teleportation

Postby robaldred » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:48 pm

The path progress timing has all been changed in the latest dev branch.
Unfortunately, there are a few issues with it.

1. Previously entities positions would be interpolated if a path was re-routed during point traversal.
so the entity would move smoothly to the next target tile, this no longer happens. The entity is always teleported immediately to the first point.

This behaviour can be see here:

2. Character teleports immediately to the end of the path when adding to a path after the initial traversal has completed.
3. DrawPath history is incorrectly drawn, the path never completes.

Both 2 & 3 can be seen here:
I don't work for Irrelon. All comments are my own.
I would strongly encourage anyone building production projects with Isogenic to buy a premium licence, it costs very little and will help towards continued development of the engine. Irrelon have spent thousands of hours developing this wonderful platform with many features found in AAA game engine.
robaldred

Re: [BUG] PathComponent translate interpolation & teleportat

Postby robaldred » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:57 am

No one else experiencing any issues with the path finder?
I would strongly encourage anyone building production projects with Isogenic to buy a premium licence, it costs very little and will help towards continued development of the engine. Irrelon have spent thousands of hours developing this wonderful platform with many features found in AAA game engine.
robaldred

Postby federicobarera » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:21 am

I have another problem with the pathfinder which I posted few days before but no one answered yet.

I noticed that the problem is occurring in stable and also dev branch even if pathfinder code has changed.
If you run 13.6 and leave the browser opened, after 1 min you will experience recurring browser freezes, created by some bottleneck in the code.

Remove the 200 ais which are constantly pathfinding, and you will not have problems anymore.

Is anyone looking at this bug?

Thanks,

Federico
federicobarera

Postby robaldred » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:33 pm

Hey, yeh I could be wrong but I think this is a symptom of the path progress timer running out of control. which causes the teleporting issue i'm experiencing. Hopefully we can get some answers soon.
robaldred

Return to Help & Questions